Friday, August 10, 2007

The Final Weekend

Well.... this is it. Next week both Christopher and I go back to school. Me to teach, he to learn. We have had an exciting summer with Man of La Mancha, hot weather (right now it is 97, forecast for Sunday is 102...WOW). And lots of picnics and family outings. This fall brings some excitement as well. I will be teaching a Jazz History class at the local communtiy college which could lead to something full time in the St. Louis Community College system (finally, my masters degree comes in handy.) I also have been invited to sing with the international award winning barbershop chorus the Ambassadors of Harmony. Their director, whom I have met in passing, saw our Man of La Mancha production and invited me to join on the spot. I feel very flattered, but it is such a huge committment. So... I am thinking about it and discussing it with my wife. Click here to see their performance a few months ago in Denver, Colorado, where they came in second at the international competition (In 2004, they won it!)

So anyway... back to work. I am excited about what is coming up at school this year. What shows we are doing (Meet me in St. Louis and The Wizard of Oz),the students that I will have and the people that I am working with.

We are closing this weekend by having a barbecue for my niece, Genni, who will be going away to college in a couple of days. She is going into Music Education at McKendree College. I am very proud of her and will help in any way I can.

Until next time.

Marc

No comments: